What to Bring to the Dealership when Buying a Car



What to Bring to the Dealership when Buying a Car

Are you aspiring to buy a new car soon? Want to know what is required to buy a new car? Here in this article, you will get the details of all the documents required while purchasing a new car. Remember, missing out on any one step will leave your dreams of owning a car unsuccessful. Without further delay, let’s get started.

Fixing car loan:

Once you have chosen your favorite car, it is time to get into some desk work now. If you are willing to buy the car on a bank loan, get quotes from multiple banks. Always go with the best loan plan.

Generally, people prefer to go with a down payment of 15 – 20 percent and take a loan for the remaining 80 percent from the bank. Although there is no hard and fast rule, you can increase the down payment amount as per your flexibility to reduce the bank loan burden. Another essential point to remember is, do not get caught in the trap of ‘low EMI.’

The person who has been assigned the loan amount will have to buy the car under his name. The documents required are ID proof, address proof, and income proof.

Insurance:

While purchasing insurance, follow the same comparison method that you generally do while buying other expensive products. Different insurance companies come up with different schemes. Make a comparative analysis of the insurances and opt for the deal that is best suited for you. Do not give the dealership salesman a chance to force you into anything you are reluctant about.

Booking:

Once you are done with the finances, you need to shift your focus to the paperwork associated with purchasing a car. The car will be bought under the name of the person on whom the bank has approved a loan. The documents required to be produced during the booking period include identity proof, nationality proof, and address proof.

What to bring to the dealership?

There are six important items that you must present to the dealership. They are as follows:

  1. A form of payment

The form of payment can be a loan check approved from the bank beforehand or the cashier’s check that he signed during the down payment.

  1. Driver’s license

The driver’s license proves your legal registration as a driver and as a mark of your payment.

  1. Proof of income

It is essential to verify if you have a steady income and capable of repaying the loan amount.

  1. Proof of residence

The proof of residence will ensure that the bills generated monthly will be directed to the address as provided in the document.

  1. Proof of insurance

If you already have vehicle insurance, you can produce the auto insurance card as proof. Else, you can ask the dealer to provide you with the vehicle identification number of your car.

  1. Title and current vehicle registration

The title of the car will prove you as the owner of the vehicle. Besides, a copy of the current vehicle registration is also needed.