How to do your Part to Support Environmental Protection



How to do your Part to Support Environmental Protection

Are you doing justice to the environment by replacing plastic bags with paper bags? Well, all of us are to be blamed for polluting our environment. Just like our body needs balance to function correctly, the balance in the ecosystem also needs to be maintained.

If you feel guilty for destroying this environment, it is time to take precautions to help our environment breathe freely. Here are some valuable measures that can help our planet Earth survive in a better manner.

  • Carrying your own Bags:

Get into the habit of carrying your own bags. This reduces the use of plastic, thereby saving the resources that are used for making plastic bags. Also, plastic pollutes the environment in numerous ways. Discarding the use of plastic bags reduces waste. What's the solution? Try using reusable paper bags or cloth-made bags.

  • Focus on Printing Less:

The more you print, the more paper is utilized, and as a result, more trees need to be chopped down to make the papers. Deforestation or cutting down trees makes the land barren and increases the earth's temperature.

  • Stop Wasting Water:

None can survive without water. When water is so important to you, why waste it instead of conserving it! Wherever you see a running tap, do bother to close it. 70% of our earth's surface is covered with salty water. If you waste water from the remaining 30%, soon drinking water will cease to exist.

  • Save Electricity:

Invest in energy-efficient bulbs instead of the regular ones as they are durable and cost-effective. Do not forget to switch off those devices that you are not using. Learn to be conscious of how you are using electronics at home. This will not just save energy but also reduce your monthly electricity bill.

  • Go Local:

In the past couple of years, investing in local products has developed as the new market trend. Not only does it provide you authentic products at a cheaper rate, but also it is an excellent way of helping the people in the community. Since local business owners do not have to transport their products, there is no question of packaging the products.

  • Reduce, Reuse, Recycle:

Reduce, reuse, and recycle should be practiced religiously to save the planet. Reduce consumption of too many products to decrease waste materials. Use items that can be reused again and again. Also, invest in renewable products.

It is never too late to make efforts towards environment preservation. For Volunteering opportunities go to It is never too late to make efforts towards environment preservation. For Volunteering opportunities go to https://eec.ky.gov/Nature-Preserves/Pages/default.aspx for more information.